PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA
10 Facts About President Buhari
- Muhammadu Buhari has ruled a military ruler in Nigeria before, and dominated the country between 1966 and 1999.
- Viewed as a hero by some in present-day Nigeria, where his government has been locked in a deadly battle against the extremist group Boko Haram.
- Buhari’s 2015 campaign agenda was based on fighting corruption.
- Ahead of 2015 presidential, he signed a nonviolence pact with the then president Jonathan in January of that year. On March 26 they reiterated their commitment to “free, fair and credible elections.
- Born in December 17, 1942 (age 74 years), Daura, Nigeria
- From 1962 to 1963, he underwent the officer cadet training at Mons Officer Cadet School in Aldershot, England.
- He served as a Governor in Borno state from 3 February 1976 to 15 March 1976.
- In the military, he served as General Officer Commanding, 3rd Armed Division Nigerian Army, from October 1981 – December 1983.
- Major-General Buhari was among the leaders of the military coup in Dec 1983 that overthrew the democratically elected government of President Shehu Shagari.
- About 500 politicians, officials and businessmen were said to have been jailed for corruption in 12 months during his military government in.
- Deadliest And Famous African Warriors